General References for NVR Practice
- Jakob, P. (2016): Multi-stressed families, child violence and the larger system: an adaptation of the nonviolent model. Journal of Family Therapy 00: 00–00; doi: 10.1111/1467-6427.12133
- Jakob, P. (2014). Non-violent resistance and ADHD. ADHD in Practice 6/2, pp 7-11
- Jakob, P. (2011). Re-connecting parents and young people with serious behaviour problems – child-focused practice and reconciliation work in non violent resistance therapy. New Authority Network International, available at: www.newathority.net
- Jakob, P., Wilson, J. and Newman, M (2014). Non-violence and a focus on the child: a UK perspective. Context 132, pp. 37-41. (download from www.PartnershipProjectsUK.com)
- Jakob, P. & Shapiro, M. (2014). Overcoming aggression, harm and the dependence trap: Non Violent Resistance in families with a child on the autism spectrum. In G. Jones & E. Hurley: Good autism practice. Autism, happiness, and wellbeing. Glasgow: BILD
- Lebowitz, E.R. & Omer, H. (2013). Treating childhood and adolescent anxiety. A guide for caregivers. Hoboken: Wiley
- Omer, H. (2004). Nonviolent resistance: A new approach to violent and self-destructive children. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Omer, H. (2011/1) The new authority: family, school, community. Cambridge University Press.
- Omer, H. & Dolberger, D. (2015). Helping parents cope with suicide threats: An approach based on Nonviolent Resistance. Family Process, doi: 10.1111/famp.12129 (download at www.nvrpsy.com )
References for NVR evidence base
- Gleniusz, B. (2014). Examining the evidence for the non-violent resistance approach as an effective treatment for adolescents with conduct disorder. Context 132, pp 42-44. (download at www.partnershipprojectsuk.com)
- Jonkman, C.S, Van der Soet, K, Van Gink, N, Godard, N, Van der Stegen, B. & Lindauer, R.J.L.: The effects of nonviolent resistance in a child and adolescent psychiatric ward setting. Unpublished manuscript.
- Lavi-Levavi, I. (2010). Improvement in systemic intra- familial variables by “Non- Violent Resistance” treatment for parents of children and adolescents with behavioral problems, PhD dissertation, Tel- Aviv University, Tel Aviv.
- Newman, M, Fagan, C & Webb, R (2013). The efficacy fo non-violent resistance groups in treating aggressive and controlling behaviour in children and young people: a preliminary analysis of pilot NVR groups in Kent. Child and Adolescent Mental Health 19/2, pp 138-141
- Ollefs, B., Von Schlippe, A., Omer, H., and Kriz, J. (2009) Adolescents showing externalising problem behaviour. Effects of parent coaching (German). Familiendynamik, 3: 256-265.
- Van Holen, F., Vanderfaellie, J., & Omer, H. (2016). Adaptation and evaluation of a nonviolent resistance intervention for foster parents: a progress report. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy 42(2): 256-271.
- Weinblatt, U. & Omer, H. (2008). Non-violent resistance: A treatment for parents of children with acute behavior problems. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy 34, pp.75-92
For a comprehensive NVR bibliography: http://admin.newauthority.net/resources/article-list.aspx