PartnershipProjects offers psychological intervention and therapy in the following locations:
London, The Midlands, Hampshire, Kent, Bristol and Sussex.
We specialise in the following areas of work:
- Aggressive, harmful or self-destructive behaviour, including serious behaviour problems in children and young people, truanting, running away, substance misuse and risk of sexual exploitation, also in conjunction with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and/or Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Severe anxiety in children and young people, especially when there is a failure to cooperate in treatment, obsessive-compulsive behaviour, social withdrawal and internet addiction
- Young adults showing entitled dependency, often in conjunction with severe and enduring mental health problems and/or substance misuse
- Domestic violence
- Difficulties relating to serious trauma, including Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Attachment difficulties and problems relating to childhood abuse and neglect
- Children, young people and families involved with the local authority
- Prevention of family breakdown
- Children and young people looked after in foster care or in residential services
We work in a variety of settings, including family, individual therapy, foster family, residential service, school and community. Our interventions always take the wider social environment of a person into account, including the family, community and professional network, and we strive to include as much of this environment as we can directly in our work. Our approach draws from a number of relevant and evidence-based therapies, including systemic therapies such as Non Violent Resistance (NVR)*, Solution-Focussed Brief Therapy (SFBT) and Narrative Therapy, and therapies with application to anxiety and trauma, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Trauma-Focussed Therapy, and EMDR.
All services are provided by Highly Specialist Systemic Family Therapists or Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologists, or in the case of Brighton, Consultant Clinical Psychologist/Systemic Family Therapist. The practitioners working in these clinics seek consultation from other colleagues regularly on all aspects of their work, and receive a high level of clinical supervision by qualified supervisors.
Sessions take place is comfortable, purpose-built consulting rooms; some of our work may also take place in the client’s home.
For enquiries or to make a referral, please contact us.
*PartnershipProjects has been the first provider of NVR in the UK.