Friday, June 28th 2019
09.00 – 17:00
£120 Tickets available from Eventbrite:
The ticket price includes tea and coffee and one year’s membership of NVR UK
Delegates are invited to stay for the NVR UK AGM which will take place at the end of the day immediately after the conference.
For more information email:
NVR UK 3rd NATIONAL CONFERENCE: DEVELOPMENTS AND INNOVATIONS.
sharing, inspiring, creating
- We hope you will join us in Southampton for this key conference celebrating over a decade of Non Violent Resistance in the UK and looking ahead to the next exciting developments and innovations in NVR.
- The conference features keynote presentations from NVR pioneer practitioners Peter Jakob, Elisabeth Heismann, Julia Jude and Liz Day along with graduate parents..
- Delegates will also be able to attend four workshops chosen from a range of 16 delivered by presenters from around the UK and beyond highlighting NVR in a variety of contexts including schools, youth offending, forensic and therapeutic residential units, the workplace, how NVR links to other therapeutic approaches, the roles of parents and siblings, NVR in the digital age, NVR and ASC.
- The conference will be a valuable chance to connect with NVR practitioners, to gain information and resources at the forefront of NVR practice and to participate in creating paths for future NVR developments.
- This conference is aimed at anyone with an interest in NVR. For delegates new to NVR there will be a separate special introduction to NVR the day before the conference. This twilight session can also be accessed as a standalone event (Further details to follow).
- The venue is well-located for transport (see map), a short walk from Southampton Central Train Station and Coach Station and 7/8 minutes by train from Southampton Airport. There is free parking onsite for delegates on first come first served basis.
- Novotel is offering some rooms at special rates (£119 B&B) for delegates staying for one night. There are several other hotel options nearby (see map).