Agency Based – Online Parent Seminars
- 9 hours of group parent seminars via Zoom Pro*
- 1.5 hours a week for 6 weeks
- Maximum of 8 families per group
NOTE: THESE SEMINARS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE TO GROUPS OF UP TO 8 FAMILIES AND NOT AVAILABLE INDIVIDUALLY.
The sessions have been designed to support parents / caregivers who have little or no knowledge of Non Violent Resistance (NVR) and who are experiencing low-level challenging behaviour by a child or young person in their care.
The main three topics we will explore are:
- De-escalation – how to understand patterns of escalation and bring calm to your family, your child and yourself
- Relationship Building – how to re-connect with your child after an incident
- Building a Support Network – how to engage other adults within your family structures
Understanding how escalation occurs and what in NVR is called the ‘logic of control’ can be difficult when parents are caught up in frequent “battles” with their child. The seminars focus on how parents can find a new position with their child and begin to create more peace, calm and compassion in the relationship.
We invite parents / caregivers to commit to ALL six sessions that will last 1.5 hours each. There will be opportunities to send questions prior to the session and opportunities to listen to other parents’ thoughts and experiences as the weeks progress.
The ideas and practices that will be discussed on this course are drawn from NVR and ‘New Authority’ principles.
NOTE: THESE SEMINARS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE TO GROUPS OF UP TO 8 FAMILIES AND NOT AVAILABLE INDIVIDUALLY!
For more details please Contact Us
Online Parent Seminar Rules
- All participants will enter the session punctually (5 mins beforehand in order to be prepared and ready) and commit to attending for the entire length of the session.
- Strict confidentiality is to be maintained regarding any details that could identify people who are being discussed, as well as regarding other participants in the group.
- All mobile phones must be switched off – other than if using to access the session. Landline calls must go to voicemail.
- Seminars must be accessed in a quiet place without other members of the family present or distractions from family pets, interruptions etc.
*Zoom Pro is simplified video-conferencing which works across any device (ie: laptop, desktop, tablet, phone), does not require downloading and is totally free for you to use. If you sign up for the Online Parent Seminars you will be sent an invitation link, which you simply click on to join the sessions.
See more details here: https://www.zoom.us/meetings.